Wednesday 19 January 2011

Zoe Gillings finishes seventh in World Championships


The women's Snowboard-cross World championships was going on in Spain where Zoe Gillings finish a creditable seventh,she made an impressive come back after recovering from a serious knee injury.

In last year's Vancouver Olympics she finished eighth but sustained the injury that subsequently required surgery.

Gillings said: "I'm pretty pleased. I've had virtually no training at all this season so to finish seventh in the world is good. I made a few annoying mistakes but I had no ill effects from my injury.

"I don't know what I have to do to get funding, to be honest. I've finished eighth in the Olympics and improved to seventh here. Hopefully this shows someone I do have the potential to get a medal in Sochi.''

No comments: